Monday, June 14, 2010

39ºC

Which BTW = 102.2ºF. It is SO HOT. I think I've lost 5 lbs or shall I say 2.3 kg's. Not only from the void of pizza and cheeseburgers on this side of the world but the fact I haven't stopped sweating - is a big contributor. Plus the humidity is 100% (if not more!).

Don't get me wrong, I'm having the time of my life. Honestly, how often can you go on vacation and come back skinnier? We might need to come to Asia more often :).

We spent last night on the Junk Boat (see Jesse's post below). Not so junk. It was fabulous. I am a water baby by nature so the open water breeze, swimming in the bay, and beautiful sunsets warm my heart. The crew was great and we really enjoyed their company as well.

We are sitting in the airport here in Vietnam. There is no air conditioning in the airport. Let me repeat that...No air conditioning in the airport. We are blogging near a fan. The airport really isn't that bad, all the shades are closed. I would certainly rather be in here than outside. Don't be surprised if J and I are "glowing" in all the pictures from here on out. From our understanding, it's going to just keep getting hotter. We are in the north part of the country now, next stop is in the middle, lastly in the south (aka closer to the equator). We've heard Cambodia is even more sweltering, so we will let you know.

We had to say goodbye to our tour guide, Phoc. He was so sweet, he kept saying "I am so sorry I have to say goodbye to you." He really made our trip in Hanoi. He is such a friendly guy, so sincere, and very funny. He laughs a lot and I love it. He has a wife, daughter, and is expecting their next little girl in 3 months. I asked him to show me a picture of his wife so he went home that night and took one on his phone. She is beautiful. They are both very lucky. We will miss Phoc, and wish him all the best.

Oh and also, the government has blocked Facebook in this country....communism at it's best. See ya on the flip side FB.

Until next time...

xoxo

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment