Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sorry Mom, I'm moving to Thailand...

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!



Breathtaking. I don't even know how to describe the beauty that I'm staring at right now. So tropical, lush, and green. I never want to leave. It's so peaceful and fairytale -listically beautiful. I wish I had a canvas and watercolors because this place touches my soul. (I would of course, have to know how to paint. But I would try.)

I could see the concern on Jesse's face when we asked how close downtown was and they said a 45 min boat ride then a 30 min car ride. Sky scrappers and city lights so far away?? What are we going to do!? :) We'll be in Bangkok in a few days and I was ready to soak up every mile farther away we went! I knew we were in paradise when we saw coconuts floating in the water on the boat ride out.

Are we in Phuket or are we not in Phuket? I don't know, but Phuket.

I've practically finished my book (thanks Court), I wish I had brought another with me but we have the kindle so I can just buy one. Something about being in the jungle watching the ocean not holding a real book just doesn't hit me right. But I could get with the times and try to mix simple outdoor life with modern technology.

I absolutely love everything about this villa. I keep telling J there are so many great ideas for decorating our beach house. :D Maybe one day.... Outside our front door is this cute fish that when you are sleeping you close the fishes eye and when you leave for the day you open it...so adorable! Even the hangers are home-made out of bamboo. The mosquito net is romantically charming. (Don't worry, Mom, there's no malaria in Phuket.) The door handles are rope knots and the outdoor shower is framed with 12 foot bamboo shoots. Other highlights include the toilet paper holder, the pens, water bottles, the information books. I could go on and on....pictures to come.

The staff here is wonderful! Our butler Coco (KoKo) is the sweetest thing... She's so friendly and happy. She knows everything about this resort and you can tell everyone here loves her. I'm sure its not hard to do with the sweet smile she has. It's great to be at a place where the staff is so happy. We also met the food & beverage manager, Anthony, who was great and knowledgeable about 5 star resorts.

Speaking of food.... It's a tie between what is more amazing, the scenery or the food! Last night for dinner I had green curry with chicken, egg plant and peas, Jesse had grilled lobster tails and shared my curry - Is there another word for FANTASTIC?? So so so yummy. In addition, today I ordered chicken pad thai to our villa for lunch - Just like I thought it would be - Perfect! We didn't leave a lick on the plate. Everyone knows thats my favorite meal ever, every birthday I want to go for chicken pad thai. Well happy birthday to me, we are here 2 days and I think I'll have it everyday. :) Tonight we have a special dinner on the hilltop for just the two of us (happy honeymoon babe!) the menu is already picked out for us so I'm sure it will be amazing. All this food talk, are you hungry yet?

And more good news, facebook is allowed in this country and they finally changed my name! Yay! It's Katie Biter now & I've been practicing my signature :) ALSO, last night when we came "home" we saw Blair and Ethan (B & E) calling on skype...so much fun!!! We had fun laughing with them and joking (we were a little more silly seeing as it was midnight our time and noon theres) lol. I love you guys and lets do it again!! Their puppy Max is the size of B these days and he's just as cute as he was when he was 6 weeks old! Give that pup a treat for me!

Until next time...

Hugs from Thailand,

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment